Lynx Kayak Rentals - Hunter's Point, Cumberland River, Old Hickory Wildlife Res.
Single or group rentals, simply select your type of kayak, quantity, time and add to cart, or, call/text Conrad at 615 712 1110. We'll call back.
We have a FREE shuttle service, ensuring that you get back to your vehicle in a timely and easy manner.
Please make sure you read/know the maximum weight load capacity of each kayak, before you confirm your booking.
CTR Racing Kayak : Max Load 220lbs Ocean-Vu : Max Load 264lbs
Voyager Double Seater : Max Load 661lbs Fun-ski : Max Load 187lbs
Vagabond Fishing : Max Load 264lbs Torpedo Cool-box Floater : Max 132lbs
IMPORTANT: DUE TO DAILY ALLOCATED BOOKING SLOTS, OF WHICH YOU HAVE BOOKED ONE, IF YOU ARE MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE YOUR TIME SLOT/BOOKING IS CANCELLED WITH NO REFUND. WE WILL HOWEVER, DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY TRY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU AT A LATER DATE.
Start Point - Hunter's Point Boat Ramp, 550 yards off, of the 231N, between the Cumberland River bridge and the Dollar General store, turn west on Old Hunters Point Pike North road, then, almost immediately turn right into Orian Ln. Go to the parking lot at the end of the lane. All rentals include paddles, life jackets and a small zip-log plastic bag for your mobile phone as well as pick-up and drop-off at the parking areas (end point) and start point.
End Point - ± 2½ hour / 4 mile route: A very slow and easy row/float to end where Canoe Branch Rd, Lebanon, TN, have a cul-de-sac (dead-end) parking area against the river inside the Old Hickory Wildlife Management Gate entrance. It may be easier for you to leave your car there - either way we will shuttle you.
End Point - ± 4 hour / 7.5 mile route: A slow and easy row/float (the last half mile need a bit of rowing) to end at Misty Cove Boat Ramp, where Ramsey Rd, Lebanon, TN, have a cul-de-sac (dead-end) parking area against the river. It may be easier for you to leave your car there - either way we will shuttle you.
We are open 365 days a year for an all seasons experience of a most scenic protected wildlife area with high straight cliffs, wide sweeping bends, beautiful riverine shores and multiple bird species. Of the 6,000 acres of Old Hickory WMA, only 1,000 acres are accessible from public access locations. The remainder are accessible only by kayak and boat. There are patches of hardwood forest of oak, hickory, and maple, and riparian forest of Black Willow and sycamore along the shoreline of parts of the lake. These forested areas are mixed with cropland that is flooded for waterfowl in winter.
Wildlife to Watch for: Waterfowl are abundant in winter. Early successional birds are common in summer, including Indigo Bunting, Northern Cardinal, Eastern Towhee, and Yellow-breasted Chat. Sparrows of various species may be seen throughout the winter.
You can stop at as many points as you like to do photography, swim or walk on the shores or to explore Armstrong Island. Your allotted time is yours, and, if you accidentally go past a small extra thirty minutes, we are not going to cry too much!
- When fishing ensure at all times that you have a current fishing license, and that you have it with you. Place it in the plastic zipper bag.
- Cumberland Fish Species; - http://fisheries.tamu.edu/files/2013/09/Tennessee-Fish-Species.pdf
At the start, you will be required;
- To give proof of your identity;
- To sign an indemnity form for each individual;
- Bring your own bottled water and food for the day;
- If you need/forgot something at the last moment, do not despair there is a Dollar General at the turn-off;
- Bring your Deposit in cash, it will be collected when you receive your kayak and be refunded at the end of the trip when kayak is checked-back.
- Especially in summer season do not dare go without sunscreen, hat and light cover clothing.
- Ensure that you arrive with a fully charged mobile phone.
- No alcoholic beverages in glass bottles.
- Under age (21) alcohol consumption prohibited.
- Advisable to apply insect repellent, especially in the summer season.
- If you are allergic to any possible insect bites ensure you have your antihistamines on hand.
**Refusal to sign an indemnity form on day of rent does not constitute the refund of rental fees.
- Please ensure that you comply to all covid rules.
- You will at all times wear your supplied Life Jacket when on a kayak or when swimming.
- When you do fall off a kayak always immediately grab onto the kayak for extra buoyancy, as well as to get back onto it asap.
- Please ensure that you arrive with a fully charged mobile phone in the event that you get lost somewhere, or, lose your kayak or have trouble.
- Always keep your mobile phone dry and in the supplied zip-log bag, that way it will also float, if it accidentally fall in the water.
- It's always advisable to wear safe footwear, even when you are in the water, possible hidden sharp objects on the bottom or in the mud can cause injury.
- NEVER just dive into murky water in an area that you do not know, there could be sharp rocks, tree branches or other hidden objects below the surface that could severely injure you.
- Children in their own kayaks, must at all times wear a safety jacket as supplied and be under adult supervision.
- At the start, no person that seems to be intoxicated or under the influence of any substance will be allowed on a kayak. No refund will be applicable.
- Lastly, you may notice that you are on our main Lynx-Outdoor USA website, you are MOST welcome to explore our pages and browse through our camping equipment and Tours to Africa! African Safari & Fishing Adventures | Lynx Outdoors USA (lynxoutdoorusa.com)
VERY IMPORTANT - If you lose a paddle, safety jacket or kayak, break it or damage it, as per the sole discretion and final decision of Lynx Kayak Rentals Management, then please consider the item/s, as sold to you at the current advertised retail price, for the exact same type and brand, for which you will be invoiced. Your deposit will also be withheld, formerly indicating the initiation of the said proceedings.
All rentals are subject to an, on-the-day-of-rental, $50 cash deposit that will be refunded when your hired equipment are checked and cleared at end of trip. (The Lynx-SPIRIT CTR has a $100 refundable deposit)